Welcome to our website! Glenshaw Presbyterian Church (GPC) is a vibrant community of faith located in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh. GPC is a church with a big heart, ready to welcome all. It is big enough to offer programs and ministries for all ages, supported by an excellent and committed staff, and is small enough that we can all know each other. GPC is a place where we strive to grow together as disciples of Christ – learning and worshiping and serving together, a place where we encourage one another, care for one another, celebrate with one another, and join with one another in loving our neighbors in our community and around the world.
We hope that you will learn more about our faith community by browsing through this website. Below, we have collected answers to a few of the most common questions that first-time visitors may have.
Where is the church located?
The church is located in Glenshaw on Glenn Avenue between Mt. Royal Boulevard and Butler Plank Road. Get a map and directions here.
In addition, you can view and read about the various rooms within our church via our virtual tour page.
What can I expect on Sunday and beyond?
We come together as a community to worship each Sunday. You are welcome to join us regardless of your current level of spirituality or your background. We offer two worship services from September through May, one service during the summer months and a fellowship time throughout the entire year after the 10:30 AM service.
- 8:30 AM in the Parlor (from September through May) – This is an informal service that meets in the more intimate setting of our parlor. The order of worship and sermon is the same at this service as the 10:30 AM service. The music is led by our music director with piano accompaniment and communion is offered each Sunday.
- 10:30 AM in the Sanctuary (throughout the entire year) – This is a traditional service held in the sanctuary. Music is provided by our beautiful organ, choirs and the handbell choir (once a month). Communion is served on the first Sunday of each month.
- Fellowship – During the summer months, we have fellowship and snacks at 11:30 AM on the front lawn. During the school year, we meet in the parlor. This is a great time to catch up with old friends and make new ones.
- Beyond Sunday – You are invited to participate in any of our church activities. Check out this website for information about what is going on in the life of our church.
How long will the services last?
Our services last about an hour.
Is there parking available?
Plenty of parking is available in the lots surrounding the church. There is also ample parking for anyone with limitations in the lot immediately adjacent to the main entrance.
Are your facilities accessible?
Yes, the main level of the church is wheelchair accessible via a ramp.
Where is the main entrance?
Since our parking lots are in the back of the church, the entrances that are most used are also at the back of the church. Most people use the main entrance, which is next to the ramp. Another entrance is across from the front door of the Early Learning Center building. There will be greeters at each entrance to welcome you, answer questions, and help you get where you want to go.
What about the kids?
We are eager for children to learn that the church is a special place where they belong, are loved, have friends, and find important service to do.
- Nursery – GPC offers a nursery for the youngest among us (infants through age 4) each Sunday from 8:30 to 11:45 AM.
- Age-appropriate Christian education for children and youth occurs from 9:30 to 10:20 AM on Sunday mornings. A greeter can help you find the right classroom for your child. You are welcome to stay with your child during the class.
- Children and Worship – Children join their families for worship in the sanctuary at 10:30 AM. After the “Time for Young Disciples”, children age four through second grade are escorted upstairs to the Children’s Worship Center to continue their worship in a way that is meaningful to them.
- Rocking chair in the parlor – if you or your child need a break from the sanctuary setting during worship, there is a rocking chair in the parlor where you can sit with your child and listen to the worship service through intercom speakers.
What do you believe?
Glenshaw Presbyterian Church is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). An excellent summary of Presbyterian history and beliefs can be found on the Presbyterian Mission website.
Where can I get answers to my other questions?
If you have any questions not addressed here or elsewhere on this website, please call the church office at 412-486-8400 or send an e-mail to . We look forward to meeting you in person!