Help Wanted – Director of Children and Youth Ministry
Glenshaw Presbyterian Church is seeking candidates for our Director of Children and Youth Ministry position.
The position is a 20 hour per week, non-ordained salaried position. Specific responsibilities are outlined below. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time at the direction of the Pastor in consultation with the Personnel and Administration Committee.
- A commitment to ministry with children, youth and families
- Faith in Jesus Christ, and demonstrated knowledge of Scripture and the Reformed Tradition
- Strong skills in administration, communication, supervision and teaching
- Background in music and worship
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Clearances as required by GPC’s Safe Church Policy
- Oversee the Sunday education program for children and youth (September – May), and lead the music portion of the program.
- Oversee and lead the Children and Worship program
- Recruit and train teachers and other educational volunteers
- Identify and develop curriculum and other resources for teachers
- Provide staff support for Children and Family Ministry programs and events.
Coordinate and recruit volunteers for Nursery for Sunday mornings
- Develop and coordinate opportunities for fellowship, worship and service for children
- Oversee and lead once a month Friday night intergenerational program for children
- Work with the Pastor and Director of Music to encourage and facilitate the full participation of children in worship
- Provide staff support for Youth Ministry Team programs and events
- Develop and coordinate opportunities for fellowship, worship and service for middle school and high school youth
- Recruit and train a cadre of caring adults to assist in leading youth activities and mission trips
- Work with the Pastor and Minister of Music to encourage and facilitate the full participation of youth in worship
- Work with the children’s ministry team and Business Manager to ensure compliance with the Safe Church Policy for church volunteers
- Assist in worship on a regular basis
- Develop ministry opportunities with the Early Learning Center (ELC), including spending an hour once a week at the ELC and advertise the Church’s children’s programs
The Director of Children and Youth Ministry works in cooperation with the Pastor, and is accountable to the session through its Personnel and Administration Committee. The DCYM attends staff meetings and serves as the staff liaison to the Children and Family and Youth Ministry Teams.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by or by postal mail. Our address is 300 Glenn Avenue, Glenshaw, PA 15116-2410.